To work in the industry in QLD, you are required to hold a current Queensland Security Licence. They are categorised into 3 areas, manpower, technical and firm or association.
- Unarmed Security Officer
- Crowd Controller
- Private Investigator
- Cash Transit Officer
- Monitoring Security Officer
- Dog Patrol Security Officer
- Security Adviser
- Security Equipment Installer
Firm or Association Licences
- Security Firm Licence
- Approved Security Industry Association
The Industry Licensing Unit at the Office of Fair Trading is responsible for overseeing and managing the field.
Each licence carries its own eligibility criteria. This may be in the way of qualifications, experience and additional criteria. You must be over 18 to hold a licence in the state. A criminal history check and fingerprinting will also be conducted. Licensing comes with it a set of legal requirements that must be upheld. The cost of applying for a licence is upwards of $500.
You may also conduct a check on any Queensland Security Licence online.
- Note that requirements and details will change regularly. Be sure to check all information through the department to ensure you are up to date.
Learn about conducting a QLD Security Licence Check.